Zari Consulting Group is serving as the professional engineer of record for life-safety services on the 19th and J high-rise residential building in Sacramento, California.
The project will consist of 173 residential units over 11 stories, above first floor retail that measures approximately 6,000 square feet, and parking below. Two roof decks will also be provided on the 12th and 13th levels for occupant use.
19th and J will be the first sustainable design project located in midtown Sacramento.
Zari Consulting Group providing building code consulting, fire code consulting, and smoke control system design & testing for the project. Our role for building code consulting includes analysis of the following:
- Occupancy Classification
- Construction Type
- Allowable Area and Height Calculations
- Fire-resistive Construction
- Suppression Systems
- Fire Department Connections and Standpipes
- Fire Hydrant Locations and Spacing
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Emergency Communication Systems
- Fire Apparatus Access Roads
- Elevators (including Fire Service Access Elevators)
- Building Exiting Features
- Accessible Means of Egress
- Emergency Power
- Smoke Control
- Exit capacity (required vs provided)
- Travel distance
- Exit separation
- Location and rating of fire-rated walls
- Unique Code Features and Alternate Means and Methods
For more information about Zari Consulting Group to learn how we can assist you in building a fully code compliant structure, please visit our website at www.zaricode.com.